A Little About Us:
Wolf River is one of the largest growing Solar/ Electrical Companies in the nation, we take pride in what we do, and who we do it with. Which is why we are pleased to announce that we are constantly seeking new talent to join and expand our team. We believe that attitude is just as important as experience , so if you have the attitude and the will to learn, but not the experience to back it up, don’t be scared to still smash that apply button!
As a Solar PV Project Designer with Wolf River Electric, you will be responsible for the design and layout of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. In this role, you will work with clients to assess their needs and develop designs that meet their specifications. You will also be responsible for overseeing the installation of PV systems and ensuring that they are operational. This is a highly technical position that requires a strong understanding of solar PV technology and its applications. We love paying attention to our customers’ needs so making sure that their systems are optimized for performance and aesthetically pleasing are on top of our list. So we will provide all the tools and technology necessary making sure that we always have your back. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume today.
Solar PV Project Designer Job Duties:
- Assesses client needs and develops designs that meet their specifications
- Create a complete Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Oversees the installation of PV systems
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of site surveys
- Ensures that PV systems are operational
- Create 3D models and designs utilizing drafting software like Sketchup and AutoCAD
- Determine priority methods of installation and locations according to local codes and ordinances before selecting equipment
- Should be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Determine the optimal location of solar arrays by reviewing shade readings from devices like Solmetric Suneyes
- Analyze the production and performance of existing and new solar PV systems
Education and Experience:
- Experience in using AutoCAD or similar software is a must
- Solar PV technology and its applications
- Strong understanding of solar PV systems
- Two or more years of experience in solar PV design or installation is a must
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) is a huge plus
- Understanding of the building codes and electric codes for solar PV installations
Compensation is based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Wolf River Electric is a great company for you. You’ll be glad you applied!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Solar PV Project Designer Pay:
Solar PV project designers typically earn $23-$30 per hour.
Pay rate may vary depending on experience and location.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Day Shift
In office: Office located in Isanti, MN